Product certification or product qualification is the process of obtaining a third party certification that a candidate product meets performance criteria, successfully passed the tests and meets qualification criteria stipulated in Regulations, International/ National Standards or Specifications or Contracts, typically called “certification schemes” in the product certification domain.
Confluence can help clients in identification of suitable product
certification and assurance schemes based on the nature of product, purpose,
geographical area where its being targeted to be sold, applicable regulations,
etc and devise plans to achieve the same.
Typical Product Certifications include but not limited to:
- CE Marking – administered by EU
- Other markings such as UL, TUV, DNV, Kite Mark, ISI, etc.
- Eco Mark from BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) for environment friendly products
- Agmark, FPO,
Steps involved in Product Certification
- Qualifying if the candidate product/ targeted or intended productagainst respective product certification or marking criteria.
- Identification of applicable regulations or directives or standards
- Determine the criteria and methodology for obtaining the certification (such as checking if the product qualifies for self certification based on CE marking requirements, etc).
- Assessment of product conformity to essential requirements of applicable regulations or directives or standards.
- Preparation of Product Specifications and Other required details such as TCF(Technical Construction File) required for CE Marking.
- Identification of Certification Body (or Notified Body) for the certification
- Facilitating the product certification successfully
- Making a declaration and affixing the respective product certification label or marking on the product
- Celebrating the success and institutionalization of the whole process to build internal capabilities within the organization or sustaining the same.