The Project Management Professional (PMP®) Exam Preparatory Course is designed to lead the participants to an internationally recognized Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI®)
PMP® is a Certification of international standing. Professionals having PMP® Certification foster credibility with the clients for possessing a solid foundation of Project management knowledge, which can be productively applied in the workplace.
This Course fulfils the PMI requirement of 35 contact hours which a PMP aspirant is to have, before applying for the PMP® Certification examination. In addition to helping the participants with this mandatory prerequisite for the PMP® examination, the Course also aims to train the participants to be effective Project Managers.
After the completion of the Program, the participants would be able to:
- Understand the Project Management Framework
- Learn about the Project Phases, Project life cycle, Project stakeholders, and key general management skills, socio-economic and environmental influences that can impact a Project.
- Learn about the Project Management Knowledge areas of Scope, Time and Cost
- Learn about the supporting Project Management Knowledge Areas of Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement
- Learn about Project Integration Management & Professional Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Get an overview of the PMP® Certification examination preparation process.
- Ascertain the level of readiness for taking the PMP® Examination – by undergoing a ‘mock test’
The Program is a instructor led through discussion oriented participative learning, designed to enable the participants discuss and assimilate the concepts involving application of Project management concepts / techniques specified in the PMBOK® Guide (Fifth Edition) and supplementary material required for the PMP® examination.
To enable a thorough grasp of the concepts taught in the classroom, the Program has been broken down into several sections around the PMBOK® Guide Knowledge Areas. Each section covers definitions, examples, and quick tests to facilitate the learning and application of the contents.
Training Option: Class-room /Online
The primary focus is to guide participants to obtain the PMP® Certification In order to obtain the best value from the Program and in line with the prerequisites set by PMI®, the participants should meet the following Pre-requisites.
Candidates applying for certification as PMP must satisfy the educational and experiential requirements for category 1 or category 2
Bachelor degree & 4500 hours of PM experience, spanning 3 years (within past 6 years) within 5 PM process groups and 35 hours of PM education
7500 hours of PM experience, spanning 5 years (within past 8 years) within 5 PM process groups and 35 hours of PM education
Who Should Attend
The target audience for the Program is professionals interested in pursuing the Project Management Professional [PMP®] certification examination conducted by the PMI®.
Attendance for this Program will earn the Participant,
- The certificate for completing the 35 hour contact program – which is a mandatory prerequisite set by the PMI® for aspirants before taking the PMP® certification Examination.
- PMP online application help
- Exam prep assistance