Confluence International provides Business Excellence Model implementation services to medium to large organizations in terms of assessments, training and guiding the organizations in terms of establishing systems and processes.
Some of the models on which we have worked upon in our previous assignments include
- IQRS – International Quality Rating System – a proprietary model of M/s. Det Norske Veritas, a global registrars for management system certifications and other assessment services. IQRS is a rating and benchmarking tool for quality management activities.
- IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award – a business excellence award instituted by Indian Merchants Chamber and developed in line with Malcom Baldridge National Quality Award of US.
Purpose of Business Excellence Models:
Recognize the organization with performance excellence and also encourage organizations to share, learn and adapt the best practices. Business Excellence Awards focus more on results and less on enablers, where as IQRS focuses more on enablers and less on results, thus helping organizations to adapt and establish best practices in their respective organization.
Some of Business Excellence Awards are
- Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA) – given in three categories as Performance Excellence in Business, Healthcare and Education. This award is limited to US companies.
- European Quality Award – any sector. This award is limited to companies in European Countries.
- IMC Ramakrishna Bajaj National Quality Award – a Business Excellence Award instituted by Indian Merchants’ Chamber.
- CII-EXIM Bank Business Excellence Award – build on European Quality Award.
- Tata Business Excellence Award – developed in MBNQA for Tata Group Companies.
International Quality Rating System (IQRS®):
IQRS® is a proprietor model of DNV for assessment, evaluation and rating of Quality Management System in an organization. The model helps in assessing the extent and effectiveness of the management controls on all aspects of an organization’s quality management system.
IQRS® is developed based on the requirements of internationally recognized standards and Awards such as ISO 9001, ISO 9004, MBNQA (Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award), EQA (European Quality Award) and others.
The whole model is divided into 14 elements as listed below:
- Leadership and Strategy
- Employee Involvement and Communication
- Management System Documentation and Document Control
- Human Resources
- Financial Control and Business Results
- Marketing and Sales
- Design and Development
- Purchasing and Subcontracting
- Measurements and Monitoring
- Corrective and Preventive Actions
- Continual Improvement Projects
- Quality Audits
- Stakeholder Satisfaction and Relationship Management
Confluence helps clients in initial assessment, establish and implement systems to achieve targeted maturity level on all or focused elements.
Confluence has developed a proprietary Service Delivery Model called as APT2I for implementing a business excellence model such as IQRS: